Prime Spa Aromatherapy Massage
Relaxing massage therapy done after a long and hard day is exactly what your body needs in order to reload and get rid of lower back pain. And with the help of an aromatherapy massage, you can enhance this effect even more so that an additional sensor would be included in the massage session as well.
Professionals at Prime Spa, located in Deira, Dubai, will be glad to provide you with a quality relaxing service! In this article, you will learn about the benefits of aromatherapy massage so that you will know all about this process before deciding to book it.
Aromatherapy Massage at Prime
All in all, aromatherapy massage does not differ much from other types of massage sessions. You are still going to receive a professional massage done with the help of a massage lotion and the gliding palms of a licensed massage therapist, as well as stimulate all of your soft tissues in order to improve the lymph flow, get rid of any discomfort in your body and release the toxins.
Pretty much the same massage tools will be used. However, adding the aromatherapy massage technique to your routine allows you to reduce stress levels even more so that you would not only decrease your blood pressure and improve circulation of your limbic system because of the rubbing motions but also enlighten your mood with the help of different essential oils.
Russian massage therapy, in general, is known for its stress relief qualities as it relaxes the connective tissue of our bodies and reduces different muscular aches and pains. Adding essential oils to full-body massage sessions will be especially helpful for people suffering from depression or any other constant negative emotions, as the therapeutic properties of essential oils will help to balance your emotional state.
There are many essential oils that you could consider trying out during this special massage therapy. Here we will list some of them and tell you a bit about their healing properties:
- Peppermint oil is the wisest choice for people suffering from a headache. Only one drop of peppermint essential oil used by a massage therapist on your temples will relieve you from this type of pain. It also will give you a tingly feeling during your aromatherapy massage, which is why peppermint essential oils will also help you to relieve muscle tension.
- Tea Tree oil is received by us from steaming tea leaves. And out of all essential oils described by us here, tea tree oil has the best antibacterial qualities, which is why it is also often used to help people with their acne or contact dermatitis. However, you cannot ingest this essential oil, and it is also better to combine it with some other carrier oil like coconut oil or avocado oil.
- Lavender oil is one of the most popular essential oil choices of our clients as it has one of the most versatile smells that everybody will find pleasant to implement during an aromatherapy treatment. Used together with a carrier oil during your soothing massage therapy, lavender will be the best choice for improving your pain relief and sleep patterns as well as for improving your mind-body connection.
- Eucalyptus oil is also a good choice for relieving pain in your whole body and helping you to get through sinus congestion and other cold symptoms. Eucalyptus essential oil molecules have antibacterial properties, which is exactly what will leave you feeling much better after such an aromatherapy back massage session and make your body work through cold much faster.
- Citrus oil such as grapefruit is a choice that will improve your skin quality, which is why it is great for cellulite treatments. What is more, such aromatic essential oils will also balance your mood swings as they are known for decreasing your blood pressure. However, do not expose yourself to direct sunlight right after aromatherapy massages are done with such an essential oil, as it can result in serious skin burns.
- Rosemary oil massage will bring you several detoxifying benefits. This essential oil is especially helpful for people suffering from several digestive tract problems, such as flatulence, bloating, and cramps. By improving your blood circulation, you will also have better nutrient absorption, stimulate your hair growth, and even strengthen your immune system. People with varicose veins, rheumatoid arthritis, or spinal problems will also like the effect of such a healing massage on their legs.
And although it is still not fully understood how essential oils can influence our mood, they are still capable of stimulating our nervous system in a positive manner, which is why it definitely would not hurt for you to book an aromatherapy wellness massage at Prime Spa in Deira and see whether or not some of the most popular essential oils could help you relax a little bit better.
How to Make your Aromatherapy Session Even Better
In this part of our article, we would like you to give a few tips that you should consider before going on an aromatherapy massage in Dubai.
First of all, read our recommendations or look for additional ones online in order to be able to choose an effective essential oil based on your current needs. Thus, if you need to improve your energy levels and muscle tone, citrus-based oils with anti-inflammatory properties together with a rhythmic massage would suit you best. On the contrary, lavender oil would be a better choice for those of you who want to release tension and get a deep relaxation massage.
You should also think about whether you want the oil to be diffused during your aroma massage or applied topically on your body. This is especially important for people that have certain allergic reactions to different oils. Make sure that your masseuse is combining just a few drops of essential oil with a lotion or massage oil.
What is more, it is better to eat after your massage therapy than right before. Otherwise, you might end up with an upset stomach, and all of the general benefits that you could have received from such a massage, such as increased blood flow, would be for nothing.
You can always rely on one of the masseuses that Prime Spa has to tell you a bit more about the massage therapy process and the oils from which you can choose the most appropriate one. Visit our European and Russian massage center and spa in Dubai, Deira, and ask all of the questions that you have!
Prior to an Aromatherapy Session
Although essential oils have so many benefits and can be used with various massage techniques to relax your tight muscles, there are still some things that you need to be careful about.
As we already said, massage therapists should only use aromatherapy oil for a massage or for you to smell them. They should never be put into your mouth. Aside from the possible side effects of such a practice, you can even lower the effectiveness of the medications taken by you.
What is more, you should learn whether or not you have an allergic reaction to particular essential oils. If yes, then you should stick to massage oils only and use essential oils for nasal receptors.
Here is a bit more information about certain categories of people that should avoid using carrier oils together with essential ones:
- People with lung medical conditions like asthma should be careful with highly concentrated plant oils, as they can cause airway spasms and worsen their breathing capabilities.
- Children younger than five years should avoid using carrier oil together with an essential one at all, as their skin and nasal receptors might be too sensitive.
- People with estrogen-dependent tumors should also avoid particular essential oils so that their condition would not become worse. The following essential oils should be bypassed: aniseed, fennel, and clary sage.
- People with sensitive skin might also need to use a carrier oil without any additional essential ones or find an appropriate essential oil for themselves. Allergic reactions might also take place around your nose, eyes, and mouth. Make sure that your massage therapist is combining carrier oils together with essential ones used during an aromatherapy massage session.
- Pregnant women should also avoid using a few essential oils in their massage sessions. A prenatal massage itself is considered to be a safe practice, but not if you have a history of health conditions connected with calf pains and blood clots. What is more, it is better to consult your doctor before booking an aromatherapy massage to find out about specific oils that you could and could not use.
Finding the Best Spa in Dubai
All in all, there are generally few risks connected with aroma body therapy and lots of health benefits.
Prime Spa massage center, Dubai has ten different massage therapists that will help you to get all of the benefits of massage therapy, be it aromatherapy or any other European massage.
Visit our Prime massage center and book an appointment to get yourself a scalp, neck, and facial massage that will help you to reach a state of harmony between your body and mind!